Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mother Daughter Weekend

The weekend of September 26th, Michael went for his guys weekend in Lake Providence, LA and mom came to Dallas and had a girls weekend with me. She drove in late Thursday and I took Friday off so we could have an extra day to relax. I had a great time, but part of me thinks it still wasn't as great of a time as Hucklebear had (oh man, our kids are going to be rotten!).

Friday we took Michael's car for an oil change in the morning and then headed out for some shopping. We hit Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Target and a few other places I probably can't remember. Though I DO remember an incident at Chick-fil-A where mom told a pregnant lady that I was due "in about two years", so we must have gone there as well. :-D

Friday night we decided to stay in, order pizza and watch a girlie movie - mom's friend Becky who lives here in Dallas joined us and we ended up watching Doubt. Though it wasn't exactly the light-hearted comedy we initially thought we'd get, we really wanted to see it. Let me also say that Becky knows how to do a girl's night right and she came equipped with Snickers, Reeses, Peanut Butter M&Ms (I have a SERIOUS weakness for these) and all sorts of other goodies - just another reason to be glad she came!

Saturday morning we met Becky for coffee/breakfast at Starbucks and afterwards took this little pic below in front of the VERY sparkly Pegasus.


Mom and I headed to the house after that and began our painting of the breakfast nook (this was the painting of the khaki pictured in the earlier post). Hucklebear tried to help too - such a trooper...

Once painted, I knew that Target had this "perfect" little bucket that I could use as a vase on the table that would go just perfect with the new paint and that is where we found THIS little gem (which we did not purchase, but did try on!


Last but not least, Saturday night we made a fall wreath with the materials we purchased at Hobby Lobby the day before. I think it came out pretty good!

HAPPY FALL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the wreath!! good job!!