Monday, January 25, 2010

I ain't no scaredy cat...

In you're a runner you more than likely have had a near death experience with a dog while out on a jog. There is the one that chases you down the street or at least to the edge of their property line, or the one that you catch out of your peripheral with fangs exposed, charging full speed...only to be stopped by the chainlink fence.

But have you ever had a run-in with a...cat?

On my run this morning, while still dark outside, I hear a jingle behind me. I turn around to see a cat fall in stride like a cop merging into traffic to pull somebody over. He follows at a safe distance, but continues following for about 30 yards. Curious, I stop to let him catch up to see what he will do. So I stop...and he stops. I continue running and he follows. I stop...he stops. I run...he runs. This little dance continues for the remainder of the street till he decides I'm a safe distance from whatever it was that he was protecting.

What is next...rats?


No comments: