Wednesday, October 13, 2010

23 Weeks and Counting...Hi-YAH!

Having never had to write out the noise that you would make when doing a karate chop, I'm not sure if "hi-YAH!" is the proper spelling, but it's my best attempt.

At 23 weeks on the dot, Michael felt the baby move. He's also seen the baby move my belly! So much of the time it seems that she is active when we're not together (e.g. when I'm at work, or happen to be up later than him) but Sunday night after Michael arrived home from his Vegas trip and we'd eaten dinner with Murray, Helen, Charlie and Cathy at Pappasitos, I sat on our bed and waited. Michael leaned on the edge of the bed waiting and watching and then he saw it - little bumps from tiny punches and kicks on the surface of my belly.
The growth spurt as promised a few weeks ago from our doctor has begun. I'm sure the pictures will only get more entertaining from here, but I share these because they're part of this crazy journey that is our first baby and because I know all who read this blog love us (big belly and all). Oh, and some of you may have made special request to see the belly button! haha
The baby is continuing to beef up for 23 weeks and as I travel to San Antonio for 5 nights this week (Wed. - Sun.) I am sure that she will grow even more and surprise Michael when I return home. Truthfully, it doesn't even feel like my body when I look at these pictures below because it's sort of surreal that this whole process is taking place separate and apart from anything that I am consciously doing for this baby. She grows on and the belly stretches on and for the most part I am still feeling pretty good!
23 Weeks from the Side

23 Weeks from the Front (plus one cute Hucklebear!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! We need to start talking maternity pictures. :)

Lesley said...

You look so good...and are those your REGULAR jeans? If they are, I'm not going to say I hate you, but I will say that you make those of us who weren't very cute pregnant people pretty jealous. :) And how fun that Michael got to see and feel her move!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lesley - those are in fact regular jeans, however you should sleep soundly at night knowing it takes some bicept strength to button them and I immediately unbutton them once the picture is taken. haha I think this is actually the last week that I will be able to do this without the risk of button-loss! They are pretty stinkin' tight!