Friday, January 2, 2009

A Dash of OCD

So you have to know a few things before you can appreciate the primary subject of this post.


The first thing you should know, is that several of my family members are 'officially' diagnosed with mild Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). The second thing you should know, is that in nearly any circumstance when trying to figure out why another one of us did something it is safe to say "That's because of your/my/our OCD" - and it's sort of become an ongoing joke that pretty much everything can be traced back to OCD.


All these things said, when I was standing by Michael in the bathroom the other morning you can imagine how impossible it was for me not to give a diagnosis when faced with THIS: a silverware drawer organizer in his bathroom drawer neatly holding his toiletries.





























All in good fun, even though the letters "O" and "C" and "D" might have come out of my mouth that morning I guess you know what they say, "first take the plank out of your own eye..." Perhaps I have a way to go before anyone gets a good OCD diagnosis from me.


2 comments:

Lisa Hanna said...

Wow--what a perfect descriptions of OCD!! You are almost as bad at updating your blog as I am! Hope you guys are enjoying married life--the wedding pictures are beautiful.

Mel said...

That top photo looks like "Exhibit A" from a crime scene :-) Just kidding. (Kinda...)