Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love Michael. Michael loves sleeping.

Michael has a serious love for sleeping ... When he sees people get into bed on TV he'll sigh or moan like "That looks SOOO good." And when he first gets into bed each night he thrashes about under the cool sheets loving every minute of it. He never looks happier than when he flops down on his stomach and buries his face in those pillows.

Although Michael does LOVE sleeping, he is also a morning person which is a contrast to my being a night owl. Most nights we try to go to bed at the same time so that we can both be rested and get up to go to the gym together, but some nights when Michael begs at 8:45pm "Can we please go to bed?" I just can't bring myself to do it!

This contrast in circadium rythym is one of the things to adjust to now that we're living under the same roof, but it isn't bad for either one of us in the name of balance. He keeps me from staying up till midnight on weekdays just piddling around the house and I keep him awake past 9pm when it's time to do something fun on the weekends which is good because........ well, because he's only 27 and going to bed at 9 every night is just unnecessary!

This weekend on Saturday we took our time in the morning, looked at some pictures online and watched a few YouTube videos of a doberman and chihuahua... When it was finally time to get going Michael lay face down on his pillow and said, "Sometimes I just wish I could get sick so I could stay in bed all day."

At least this love triangle is one I don't mind!

1 comment:

Lisa Hanna said...

I think that must run in the family, judging from Bobby's inability to stay awake past 10 pm!! And yes, I am feeling well; 7 more weeks!!