Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Maternity Leave. Leave it to me..... er, us!

So before anyone gasps in excitment (or terror) at the title of this blog, we are NOT pregnant... but we DO have so many friends and co-workers and family that just had babies, are having babies, or are going to have babies (six in May!). I am surrounded by discussion of these little ones and even though I don't have a desire to have my own right now I really couldn't be happier for all the ones we love that will soon have these little blessings.

One of the people that I am so excited for is a co-worker of mine due in May. A second person that we are so excited for is one of Michael's co-workers also due in May.

A couple of weeks ago before my boss left on maternity leave (also so happy for her) we had a discussion about me covering for my co-worker while she was out which is a tremendous responsibility and opportunity all rolled into one! And Michael, nearly simultaneously, found out that he would be covering for his co-worker while she is out (again, responsibility and opportunity)!

Happy as we are for them and their babies and for this opportunity, we will surely be feeling the crunch of this extra work load very soon and at the same time! We should also both be done before the summer is nearly up... anyone have some awesome quick-vacation ideas? :)

2 comments:

Paula said...

umm skiing in Utah?!?! :)

Unknown said...

I know! That's the perfect preparation for our crazy summers :) We're so excited!