Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's been a while...

So, I haven't really held up my end of the posting spectrum.

I'll attempt to get caught up on a couple items all at once if I may...

1. Let me brag on my lovely wife for a minute. This past Sunday we invited a couple friends over to the house for lunch after church . Since day 1, one of the things Natasha has looked forward to the most about being married was hosting get-togethers, having friends over, etc. This was her first true opportunity and all the while she is sick to her stomach with anxiety. It was all for not because the meal turned out perfectly! We had brisket, potato casserole, salad, fruit salad, and Sister Schuberts!...all topped off with brownies and i.c.e.c.r.e.a.m. Even better for me was the brisket sandwiches I had for the next two days for lunch...and I would have had more if Ben hadn't gone back for seconds...or thirds...or however much he ate! Anyway...all that to say, Natasha did an awesome job putting all that together. One of God's many blessings, a wife that can cook as well as Natasha does. And there hasn't been a learning curve...everything she cooks is delicious! Yes!

2. My most recent "kick" has been handguns. Admittedly, not having grown up around them I'm not too familiar with the intricacies. I heard of a class at a range here in Dallas that is essentially an intro to handguns that is 1.5 hrs of instruction and 1.5 hrs on the range trying different types of guns. I go to the class last night, walk into the classroom aaaaaand...full of middle-aged women. What did I expect...

I ended up assisting/teaching alongside the instructors once we got out to the range.

Here's my target at about 20ft (edit from 30ft), 5 shots with a .38 special. Not too shabby! (don't ask me to do it again)



3. I'm ready to go to College Station for the wknd.

-Merph