Thursday, May 28, 2009

Messenger, not as dated as we thought...

Michael and I met when we were Freshman in college and Instant Messenger was huge. Not to mention that we lived in different states and it was much cheaper than cell phone minutes at the time! We got to know eachother on Messenger, (maybe one of us was asked on a date that way) and kept in touch that way.

Anyway, as most of you know Michael and I keep pretty hectic work schedules these days with long hours. I wish that we had more time together in the evenings to cook, relax together or just to run errands. We survive on our weekend time together and, as I realized the other day, Messenger! The agency let's us use Messenger on our work computers (and I use it relentlessly during the day to get work done with my Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale) but I'm also able to send little notes to Michael once in a while or ask him a question without the cost or effort of a text message. Live conversation!

Who knew that a little IM could be a great way for us to stay in touch after we were MARRIED and lived in the same house! I guess our 9 year relationship with Messenger lives on!

Natasha

No comments: