Monday, November 23, 2009

Guess who else loves FALL?

Little Hucklebear was neutered on Friday the 13th (Nov.). With a heavy heart I took him to the vet and among all the other crying shivering dogs he was a pillar of strength - Mr. Social Butterfly actually - running around tail wagging meeting other dogs. "The bad part (I thought to myself) is when they take him from me...." but when the vet tech took the leash he followed her, tail still wagging, back into the operation room without even looking back!

When I picked him up I anticipated a groggy, nervous little dog - changed from his previously chipper self now that he'd endured surgery, but NOOO, little Hucklebear was happy to see me, ready to play, and hungry for treats. I took him home with instructions to keep him calm as he would still be in some pain for a couple of days.

That night I wouldn't let him play in the backyard unsupervised, but even while I was out there he was a ball of energy. I tried to bring him inside and calm him down a bit. The next day Michael was out working in the backyard and Huck proved he was far from inhibited by his little snip snip! See pictures below.


Anyone who may have been worried can now rest assured that he is just fine. His stitches are healing beautifully, he seems to have no side affects (AT ALL!) and tomorrow we can give him a bath. Thank heavens!

1 comment:

Mel said...

You need to enter that second picture into some kind of cutest dog photo contest! That cracked me up!!! Glad it was a quick and easy procedure :-)