Friday, November 20, 2009

Kids are Destroyers

Again, before I start this blog, we are NOT having a child. I'd hate to fake any of you out again, so let's make that clear. We will have children, just not right now as I write this blog.

I mentioned in the birthday blog one of my presents is a dining room table. We've yet to find one, but it is still 'on the table' and we've started talking about what we want and shopping around. I told Michael last night that I didn't want anything TOO formal because really it's probably going to be used quite a bit once we start having children - our breakfast nook will become too small quickly. This is the conversation that followed (best I can remember it).

M: Yeah, it's really hard to picture us buying ANYTHING nice since we're going to have little kids soon.

N: What? Are you kidding?
(Note: this was asked about buying nice things, not about having kids soon)

M: No, I'm being serious. Kids are destroyers.

N: Well, yeah I guess when they're babies we'll still want to eat in the breakfast nook with the tile floor because they drop food and stuff
(Note: where our new dining room table will go is carpeted right now)

M: Yeah, kids throw things. They don't have a care in the world... the only thing on their mind is -

N: Destruction?

M: Yes! They throw stuff, climb on stuff, think that doors can support their weight and rip things off the hinges...

............... I'm now officially worried about our monster-children. haha

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ha ha -- did he say all these things before you got a dog too? :)