Monday, August 9, 2010

13 Week Sonogram

Can I say enough how much we love our Dr.? Though we were only scheduled to hear the heartbeat, when he saw we had our camera he whisked us into a different office to do a sonogram as well.

Michael and I couldn't believe how much bigger the baby seemed this visit with longer legs and arms and much more movement. The link to the video is below and to give you some perspective, the head is to the left of the sonogram image and the feet are there on the right. The baby is within that black oval space... everything else is just other junk in my abdomen.

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af92/MandNAnderson/?action=view&current=13WeeksSonogram.mp4
Here's the breakdown of the video for those of you that don't look at sonograms very regularly:
- At about :26 seconds Dr. Thurston pushes on my belly to try and stir the baby up for some movement (that's what all the bouncing is) and again at :42 seconds
- At :49 seconds you can see an arm straighten, then a back arch
- At :58 seconds you can see the baby put his/her legs out straight up and stretch out
- At about 1:10 you can see the baby 'curl' his/her arm (which Dr. Thurston says indicates a boy because he's doing 'curls' haha) and move his/her hand toward his/her face

Then the battery runs out, ... but I have to say, it's pretty amazing to think that all of that is happening right now even as I type this blog. I think it only gets more miraculous from here.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Amazing!! I've never seen an ultrasound before- can't believe how much you can see! Thanks for sharing. And I think a girl can do curls too. :)

Mel said...

That is magical, Natasha. I bet there wasn't a dry eye between you & Michael :) It looks so roomy for him/her in there, right? S/he's flipping around and stuff!