Monday, August 2, 2010

13 Weeks and Counting

Well, here we are at 13 weeks. I'm "three months pregnant" (that's still strange to say) and supposed to be entering the honeymoon phase of my pregnancy, which is the second trimester. Sometimes my belly looks more poochy than others, but for a reference point, we're posting a week 13 picture so we can watch this thing grow over the next couple of weeks!I think I had it confused last week, because it's THIS week that baby is supposed to be the size of a peach. This week baby's got teeth forming under the gums, intestines moving into the body and vocal chords forming! This is also the week where Michael and I will hear the heartbeat at our doctor's appointment, I will get braces (unrelated to baby), and who knows what else.

Last week I was feeling even better than the weeks before with nausea dissipating more and more, though some things are still very "pregnant" of me. The only mint that sounds good to me right now is Cinnamon - so the regular toothpaste, gum, and mints that used to be my favorite are on the outs and I've got Big Red gum, Cinnamon toothpaste, etc. Fruits and other cold, tart things (pickles!) still hit the spot as they have since week 6, but this last week more greasy things started sounding good like Sonic corn dogs, nachos (oh the nachos!), egg rolls and yes mom, Jack in the Box tacos (that mom craved during her pregnancy with me). Salads still sound good as they have since week 6 so that's good... I'm just trying to strike a balance!

My clothes are for the most part still comfortable to wear, but this last week I purchased two belly bands, a pair of maternity shorts and a dress in anticipation of the 'teen weeks' where I'm sure to get uncomfortable in my normal clothes.

Michael continues to be a great supporter and just laughs at all these quirks that come with 'growing things'. He does this on top of his time-consuming triathlon training which paid off in a great race this last Sunday in Shreeveport, the Rivercities Triathlon. I actually did not travel with him to this race as he went with one of our neighbors, so I don't have pictures to show but perhaps now that I've plugged it, Michael will post something about it! haha we'll see....

I hope all of your weeks are off to a great start. 5 more weeks (give or take) till a cooperative baby will tell if it's a boy or girl :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are adorable! I must say though, it just looks like you had a big lunch. You are tiny! :)

Mel said...

You look so cute! Love the hairdo. Why are you getting braces????

Unknown said...

Thanks and thanks! Melissa, I cut my hair on Friday - it's the shortest it's ever been but I'm liking it :) In regards to the braces, it's a bite issue, not a straight teeth issue and they're thinking long run it could cause bigger issues than the chipped couple of teeth I have now... soo, as much as I hate it, we're sucking it up and putting them on!

laura jo said...

Congratulations!! I didn't get to catch you at church on Sunday. You are too cute -- keep the updates coming! :)