Monday, August 9, 2010

14 Weeks and Counting

14 weeks is officially here. I don't have a 14 week picture of my belly yet, but since today is officially the day I change to 14 weeks I wanted to get my post up... otherwise who knows when that would happen!

Last week baby was a peach and this week it is a lemon. Hmmm I'm pretty sure our baby isn't shrinking! haha The sites I follow all give different sizes but we know from our doctor's visit last week that the baby is about 3 1/2 inches. This week baby is wiggling his or her toes, moving his or her arms and legs, producing urine, growing thin downy hair all over its body for warmth and able to suck his or her thumb. Dr. Thurston enjoyed joking that because we're Aggies it's more likely that the baby is just putting its thumb to its forehead instead of its mouth, but we know that's not true!

Michael and I went to our 13 week appointment last week and heard the heartbeat (see video below) but because we had our 'camera that makes videos' as you can hear the Dr. ask about on the heartbeat video, he ALSO let us do an ultrasound (pictures of that are below as well). The heartbeat video is short but the heartbeat was strong and a little over 160. It was fine with us that he didn't spend too much time listening to the little guys or girls heart since he or she was much more fun to watch than hear!

I have a fun video of the sonogram where you can see the baby kick and squirm, but it's too large to post like the other video so I'm going to have to figure something else out. Our appointment with the Perinatalogist is August 31st and at that appointment we'll check out all the baby's organs to make sure they're growing and in place as they should be as well as find out if we're having a little boy or girl. That will be here before we know it!

No comments: