Monday, January 10, 2011

36 Weeks and Counting...

Baby is still the size of a honeydew according to TheBump.com, but she's been that size for what seems like weeks now and I KNOW my belly has grown. Holy cow has it grown. My skin hurts and my insides hurt as my body works to accommodate a full blown baby in there... as much as I am uncomfortable, I am still sleeping well (and hard) and for the most part getting around very well. Even with the discomfort, the wonder of what God designed our bodies to do is there along with a sense of gratitude for my long torso (which God designed as well, haha)!


Our weekly doctor's appointments start this week and next week we'll have a sonogram to "guess the baby's size". The only function that is still maturing for baby is 'breathing' as her lungs practice expanding with the amniotic fluid. As far as I can tell she hasn't "dropped" and if you asked me how she was positioned, I'd say that she's breach with her head on my right side, but that's just me guessing what all these lumps and bumps are. They haven't felt the belly to see how she's positioned at any of our last visits, but she's getting to the stage where MOST babies turn down so I guess we'll know in the next couple of weeks if she has.

Michael has really been pushing this last week for me to pack a bag and make his "hospital cheat sheet" which makes me smile because it's just him wanting to make sure he knows exactly what to do when I call him (probably panicked, I mean, let's be real here for a moment) to say "THIS BABY IS COMING!".
Just the other night he looked at my belly and sighed "Man, when is she going to get here?" His impatience makes me smile and I can't wait to see the joy in his eyes when he holds this little girl for the first time.

No comments: