Friday, January 21, 2011

The Nursery (37 Weeks... and Counting)

Below: 37 Weeks, Belly Front View
Below: 37 Weeks, Belly Side View
(On a Side Note: These khakis are from Old Navy and fit terribly - they're bunchy in the front with extra material way below where the pregnant belly would be and the panel hits right at my belly button which is such a strange and uncomfortable spot. Pregnant friends, you might steer clear of these - they have to be ordered online and then if you want to return them it's like $6 in return shipping... that's precisely why I still have them, b/c with the coupon I used, that was like 1/3 of the cost and so I figured I'd just keep them.)

Who cares if the original goal was to get the nursery done in the second trimester. I was full term as of Monday 1/17, 37 weeks, and the nursery is BASICALLY done. And by basically, I mean if the baby came today, I wouldn't cry alligator tears!

Below: Clear glass, rose knob on the closet door.

Below: Our closet, stocked full of diapers thanks to the awesome girls in our neighborhood who threw a diaper shower for Andress and me. Yes, there are also a pair of skinny jeans in there - who knew they made these for baby!?!

Below: The nursery with the crib, glider, curtains and some misc. items laying around that need to be hung on the wall.The baby has transitioned from a honeydew to a watermelon this week and she's perfecting her "breathing" in the womb. I have officially passed the stage in my pregnancy that many of our friends have skipped (the large majority of our friends over the last 6 months have had their first babies up to 4 weeks early) and as much as I really didn't feel I could go another month, I have tried to mentally prepare myself to go all the way to the due date, though hopefully not beyond!

We had a sonogram at the end of the 37 weeks where we weren't able to see much since she is so jam packed in my belly at this stage, but we can tell a few things:

  • Baby's organs all still look wonderful and appear to be functioning properly
  • Baby's head, torso and femur are all measuring as normal
  • Fluid around the baby is not too much, not too little
  • Baby is enormous

Okay, so maybe she isn't ENORMOUS, but they estimated her at 8 lbs. as of 37 weeks and 4 days (+/- 1.5 lbs). Because she is measuring large, which she has been since about 27 weeks, they've actually scheduled another sonogram at 39 weeks to check on things - assuming that I haven't gone into labor by then. For now I guess, it's just a waiting game!

Until 38 weeks...


1 comment:

Paula said...

i remember going to the movies at 37 weeks (the friday before i had noah)and it was the most miserable 2 hours i could have spent! so i know you are uncomfortable, but you look like fab!

ps, i can't see the bedding in the picture very well! we need a close up of your handiwork :)

pss, i wasn't a fan of old navy maternity unless it was shirts- pants and skirts never fit me right from there either