Monday, January 31, 2011

Growing with Friends...Nate and Brenna

When I was 6 weeks pregnant +/- Michael and I were in charge of the monthly Engaged and Newly Marrieds Class event which was whirlyball. About two weeks before the event we found out we were pregnant and decided that a bunch of mini car wrecks (whirly ball is like a bumper car/la crosse hybrid) probably wouldn't be good for a growing fetus. Fortunately, I was supposed to get my braces on the Friday before and so I planned to use a headache/sore teeth as a reason not to be out there driving around and crashing into our classmates.

At the whirly ball event, our good friend Brenna also said she needed to sit out because she "just hadn't been feeling good." Once everyone was out on the court ready to drive I asked if she was sick. Her response? "I think I'm pregnant." Turns out she knew she was pregnant, but they had only told family and were waiting until they were further along to tell friends. She told me, because 1) if you know Brenna she does not have a good poker face 2) because if you know Brenna she would have felt guilty about 'lying' and 3) because I'm her favorite person (but that one's just hypothesis). :-) I was so excited to know that we'd get to share in our pregnancy experience with some of our very favorite people - Nate and Brenna - but we hadn't told any of our family yet and weren't planning to for another month and half, so with all of the will power I have I managed not to tell her right then and there that we were due just 5 days before they were.

For weeks (6 weeks to be exact) Nate, Brenna's husband, asked Michael if we were trying to have a baby, if we'd 'been successful' at making a baby, etc. and Michael just tortured and tortured him. One night we were all out to eat at Chuy's and when Nate and Michael went to the bathroom Nate straight asked "Is Natasha pregnant?"

Michael: "Yup."
Nate: "Really?"
Michael: "Yup."
Nate: "REALLY?!"
Michael: "Nope."

Anyway, when we finally told our families that we were pregnant, we were so excited to call Nate and Brenna and tell them that our baby was due Feb. 7th (theirs is due Feb. 12th). It has been so wonderful to share a pregnancy with a friend like Brenna and I can only imagine that it will be even more fun to share the experience (and provide support to each other) as we both add new babies to our lives within the next two weeks.

We haven't been very good about documenting, but here are a few pictures before their baby, Dane, and our baby _ _ _ _ _ _ _ meet 'in person' so to speak.
Below: Brenna and Me at 28 Weeks - Front View
Below: Brenna and Me at 28 Weeks - Side View
Below: At 31-ish weeks at my shower with the hostesses.
Below: At Brenna's shower at around 35 Weeks
(my belly looks so much bigger than hers in this picture!!!)

Below: Brenna and Me at 38 Weeks

(We actually played Wi Fit at their house this night which supposedly sent our friend Angie into labor.... but it didn't do squat for either of us as we're both still pregnant at the time I write this!)

Below: Brenna and Me at 38 Weeks - back to back

We love you guys and we can't wait to meet your beautiful (probably red-headed) son Dane when he decides to make his appearance! I'm already looking forward to the play dates....

No comments: