Tuesday, January 25, 2011

38 Weeks and Counting...

Well, here we are two weeks from the due date. I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb and it seems the rest of the world views me that way as well considering the faces I got at the gym on Saturday when I went to the pool and people asked "How far along are you?".
I have to tell you, it's very satisfying to say "9 months". Satisfying because I know the end of the huge belly is near and satisfying because the moment when we meet this little girl is near. I have so many friends that have little ones that are now a couple of months old that say they see me and miss being pregnant, so I will try and relish these last couple of days... I AM certainly enjoying the lots of sleep that I'm currently getting, but there are things I miss like my mobility, jean selection, hugging Michael like a normal person and running. (Granted, it's not like I was running consistently when I got pregnant, but I see people out jogging and I miss it. This stands to be compounded as Michael begins "race season" with marathons, half marathons and tri's on the schedule for this Spring. I always enjoy watching the races, but without fail they get me excited to get out and do one!)
Below: The belly at 38 Weeks.
I know that not all things I miss will return immediately - that it will take time for life to find a new normal - but there are also things that I am looking forward to with _(baby name here)_. This week I have started thinking ahead....
  • to Easter and how Michael's family (and others we love from College Station) will be up in Dallas for LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) and how _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will be the perfect age for seeing her first chorus performance or puppet show
  • to cousin Brenna's wedding and how _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will get to meet some of our very extended family and visit SA
  • to my first Mother's Day
  • to Summer at the Sparkman pool
  • to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ meeting Clara Skow and all the other babies that have recently arrived
  • to family vacations with _ _ _ _ _ _ _ who will be experiencing all of these things for the first time

There are many other things that I am looking forward to that are even further away and I can't help but anticipate all that is to come following the moment that we welcome this little one into the world. We can't wait to meet her and we can't wait to share her with all of the family and friends that anticipate her arrival as well.

2 comments:

askow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
askow said...

I love your list! Clara is excited to meet her too!! I can't wait to call her by name. :) Hope you are getting some rest, although I remember how difficult it is to get comfortable enough to sleep. Hang in there!